Monday, May 07, 2007

I don't know about the weather in America, but here in Holland it's freaking 28 degree's....and that means only one thing and I think we all know what that one thing is...

BIKINI-season *gasp* *horror* *shock*

I don't think I'm alone in this when I say that somehow, eventhough bikinis represent summer and fun, all I want to do is just pretend I'm sick and go sleep for 7 days hoping that the sun and great weather will have gone and I miraculously lost 20 pounds. Not that that is ever going to happen. And so, each year I manage to get myself into wearing a bikini and self-consciously parade around on the beach trying to project I think I look like a million dollars...even when I don't feel it.

I'm not even considering going on a diet. Seriously, If there were some miracle diet, don't you think the whole world would be slim right now? Losing weight is just a simple math sum. It's watching what goes in and what you burn out. So for the past week I've simply been watching what I eat and going to the gym 4 times a week. I look skinnier, but I didn't weigh myself yet still in fear of the numbers that might pop up. I never thought I was the type of person that could watch what she eated and blablabla...but it's really not difficult. And as I am a true chocoholic I wasn't looking forward to cutting it out of my diet and becoming a chronically sour bitch. I didn't. I found that when I craved chocolate, I could just eat 2 small pieces of dark (81% cacao) chocolate...It would calm my craving and I couldn't eat more as that would have been too sickning, also it's low in calories and actually good for your heart and veins. Plus, going under a tanning bed once in a while makes you feel and ofcourse look better too. When sporting a great tan, you automatically look slimmer...

It's not only about weighing what you want to weigh either, it's also about which bikini you'll be wearing.
I checked out some websites and LOVED the ones on www.net-a-porter.com, they're GORGEOUS.

Here are the ones I personally liked best...



This is the 'Love Print Bikini' by Emilio Pucci. There are more great bikini's by Emilio Pucci on the site...



The simple, always wearable Missoni Bikini.



This bikini by D&G, is so unbelievably cute...cherry's are hot in this season's fashion scene...(Diane von Furstenberg has got a particularly nice cherry-printed dress in her spring/summer 2007 collection!)



This simply chique Thomas Maier bikini will do it for any woman with any figure.



This was my absolute favorite...It is so Gorgeous and SO Diane von Furstenberg.


By the way, you guys probably still know that not long ago it was totally en Vogue to wear fire-red or black nail polish right...Yesterday, I was in the department store and came across the most amaaazing color..! I had seen it already a couple of times in a magazine but never paid further attention to it. I am not quickly over-enthusiastic about a nail polish but this was is just absolutely PERFECT...It's: 'Rouge Noir' by Chanel. It's such a sophisticated color and it stays on for days without your nails looking messy.

7 comments:

Weekly Blogette said...

I like the bikini in white. Its simple yet has an exotic feel.very cute!

molly said...

girl, i dont think you should be worrying about your weight. and you probably shouldn't be doing those tanning booths either.

however, im coming to holland this summer so im happy to hear that the weather is nice!

alluretone said...

thoes missoni zig zags are irresistable! as always, love the prints on the pucci and dvf bikinis. love the site also, you should update more often, even though i don't myself but yeah.

Jennifer "Alex" Barthe said...

I agree, this is a rockin' site! It would be great if fashion blogging was your full time occupation. You're a great blogger and you DO cover hot trends.

Ana said...

you live in Holland?

i have a house there and my family is dutch!

Anonymous said...

If you have to close sales by pushing people into something they don't want, that is not a great way to make a living. [url=http://www.elitwine.com]canada goose jacket[/url] This energy is a combination of both passion and confidence. [url=http://www.sagoparap.org]canada goose parka[/url] Cqdteukoh
[url=http://www.texsoco.com]canada goose parka[/url] Numgzznkm [url=http://www.christianlouboutinonlineoutlet.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet online[/url] uwnvhtyvh

Anonymous said...

pWch ghd hair straightener australia
eWkz ugg boots sale
rSfa michael kors handbags
9kVnw cheap uggs
5pLuc chi straightener
6aFjn michael kors purses
1zFus wholesale nfl jerseys
0gNyl ghd
7qNzv cheap north face
2nExn botas ugg
7aDqc ghd gift set
6oKem michael kors wallet
4uCaz cheap nfl jerseys
0iJfb ghd baratas
1eDlu discount uggs